Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Countdown to Christmas

So, a little bit of a funny story which may or may not make you think I'm nuts.

I am, by the way.

I've had this quilt done since Friday.

I had the pillow done.

Well, almost.

I just needed a little more binding fabric.

The quilt shop that carries it was (of course) an hour away.

With two kids and people in town over the weekend that was impossible to accomplish.

Plus, my hubs works across the street from it 3 days/week so I couldn't justify the drive.

Well, I was nagging, nagging, whining, and nagging some more at my hubs.

It was driving me up the wall!

Finally (miraculously), he said he'd pick it up on his way home from work yesterday.

He didn't work there yesterday, so he actually drove 45 minutes out of his way to make his commute almost 2 hours just to get me ONE EIGHTH yard of the red dots fabric I needed one day sooner.

MAJOR brownie points.

In the world of quilting husbands - that makes him the BEST!

I really do love him. :)


It's 53" x 53" and the pillow is 18" x 18" - the quilt, pillow, and PATTERN (I know, seriously on top of this one) are in the shop!


I adore these fabrics. I am going to have to get some more and redo my stockings this year.

So, you'll probably see the ones I made last year and hung for a couple days listed in the shop too. :)


The matching pillow.



The whole stack.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Crystal, Where can I get the pattern for this Christmas quilt? I have just brought the fabrics and love this quilt idea...very stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is available in my Etsy shop: http://frivolousnecessity.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete