Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Baby Wash

I love having conversations with little people. 
On Saturday my little who went with me to a baby shower. 
She asked me as we were leaving, "Mommy, why can't Kayson and Daddy go to the baby wash too?"

Anyway, I made another scrappy baby quilt for it. This time squares.
Fabric was random left overs of who knows what that all boiled down to a BOY quilt.
Baby shower was Saturday. 
Made it Friday morning.
Fast.
In one sitting.
Only stopping to hand drinks and food to kids.



She really liked it too which makes me happy :D.
It's funny to step out of the quilting world and see what people think of quilts. 
Things like, "Wow, this must have taken so much time." and "Did you sew this on a regular sewing machine?" and "I could never let a baby spit-up on it." 
Really? 
And here I was thinking, "Wow, that was fast and easy. I should make more of these just to be ready for future showers. And it's GREAT for baby spit-up since stains won't show easily on all that color." 
HAHAHA! 

1 comment:

  1. lol- this is lovely! and having a little guy myself, it's always nice to see "boy" quilts. I had a friend that I sewed baby gifts for. I mean the whole shebang - quilt, burpcloths, bibs. And she never used a single one. She said it was too pretty to stain. I don't think she realized how much that hurt my feelings at the time, though I'm sure she thought it a compliment. Ah well, to each their own. For every one person who doesn't understand that this stuff should be loved and used, there are a dozen others who do just that. :)

    ReplyDelete